We met in high school, got married, and are living life together one day at a time. We have a baby girl on the way and couldn't be more excited! Follow along with our journey!
RSS

Raelyn -- you are 5 months old!

Oh Raelyn, your mommy is a busy lady and has been very bad at updating this blog. I believe you are ok with that as I have had more time to spend with you, but here's to trying to keep up with you and all of your many achievements thus far.

I talk to a lot of Mommies and have been around a lot of babies and can safely say that you are one of the most active babies I have ever met! We knew you were going to be very entertaining early on. You were so alert when you were born, and already turning yourself completely around in your bassinet while you were sleeping at 1 week old. Other than the constant comments about how much hair you have, everyone always commented on how alert you were, always looking around, finding new things to look at and analyze. Now everyone comments on how happy and smiley you are. You have the most gorgeous smile (little partial here, though) with a very pronounced dimple on your right side. When you laugh/smile really big, you can see your dimple on your left side too! You are just one happy baby, and you make mommy, daddy, and everyone you meet happy!

You were always such a good sleeper, Mommy and Daddy are so appreciative of this! You started sleeping through the night at about 1 month. After about a week of this, you were moved up into your new room. There were a couple nights that you woke up (when you learned how to roll on your stomach) but all in all you have slept through the night wonderfully :) You started "talking" at about 1 month old as well, and you haven't stopped since. It is amazing how much you "talk". Daddy used to take videos of you rambling in the morning (this is your happiest time) and post them to facebook or e-mail them to Mommy at work so I could hear you since I missed you so much.

Morning times are the best, have been and continue to be. You have always woken up happy. When I hear my sweet angel "talking" into the monitor, it makes it that much easier to wake up. Then when I walk upstairs to get you, you roll over and flash that huge gummy smile that melts my heart and brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Those are the moments I never want to forget. This is what I miss the most about those short 6 weeks home with you. I miss my mornings with you because I have to be at work at 7:00am and daddy doesn't have to be at work until 9:00am. Daddy is so lucky to spend this time with you, but I get to pick you up and see you smiling and getting so excited that we get to go home and play! Since I don't get the mornings, I really enjoy my nighttime's. You have started reaching out and touching things (the blinds, faces, hair, etc.) and at night you are so cute, you are so tired and just stare into my eyes and rub my face. I absolutely love how peaceful and sweet you are before bed.

You are 5 months, and there is hardly any quiet/down times in the house. You are constantly making noises, laughing, talking, squealing, whatever you can do to hear your voice. You have very healthy lungs that's for sure. You say so many sounds now, everything imaginable except "mama". We're working on that one, but I am amazed at all of the sounds you can say already. It is funny how loud of a baby you are, always talking and making noises, yet when we take you out in the real world, or to someone's house you act all shy. You are so silly!

You love to be in your jumperoo! Your aunt Amber let us borrow this since you've loved to kick your legs and now every time someone stands you up on their lap you just go to town jumping. She thought you might enjoy this, and boy was she right!! You can jump in this for 30-45 minutes at a time now, you just love it, plus it has toys for you to play with. This is more fun for you, and less tiring for mommy and daddy, ha! If we lay you down anywhere, you are moving all around. There is no sitting still for you (unless it's right before nap time or bedtime). You learned to roll over the day you went for your 4 month check-up. You would roll over to your belly but it took you a few days to learn to roll back. Those were the few days you would wake up in the middle of the night, you would roll to your tummy, wake up and freak out because you were on your tummy, and then we would have to go roll you back over, haha. Now you LOVE your tummy, and haven't slept on your back in weeks.

You are one rolling machine, and I can tell you so badly want to crawl. You get up on your knees but when you try to use your arms you just collapse. Don't worry baby, it won't be long. You are so determined to get that toy in front of you that you will roll back and forth as many times as it takes to get you within arms reach of that toy. Changing times are getting harder and harder, you just roll back and forth and kick/grab your legs while trying to change your diaper. I can see your changing pad moving from on top of the dresser to the floor so you don't decide to jump off, lol. You are one motivated 5 month old that's for sure, I can tell that you are going to be a very determined little girl, you seem like you know what you want and will do anything it takes to get it. This excites me :)

We had some difficulties with your feedings to start with, it was frustrating for sure, but with a lot of experimenting we figured out how to get you to eat better. Well now you are such a good eater! You are no longer on breast milk and although that took Mommy a while to be ok with, you are such a healthy baby. We started you on rice cereal 2 weeks ago and you have been doing AMAZING. You have eaten it for 2 weeks straight now (once a day) and you're like a pro now! You eat about 2 teaspoons in a sitting and it's gone in like 3 minutes flat. You open your mouth so wide and swallow so fast. I can't believe how fast you took off with eating rice cereal! I can't wait until you try the homemade baby food made by most of the 4-pack! You look so cute in your highchair too, and you get soooo excited when you see the bowl coming :)

What else do you love? Oh, you love your niece Mackenzie, you will watch her the entire time she's in the room. She's very active, always trying to get your attention and play with you, and you will just stare at her. You also love your dog Anabelle, she's black and white so very early on you liked to look at her, now you like to hold your hand for her to lick (yuck!) I can tell you're going to love to play with her. Daddy thinks you're going to ride her pretty soon, haha.

Oh Raelyn, I could go on for hours about all of the things you do, but that would be boring for the readers, I've probably already lost some as it is, haha....but hopefully my next post I will not wait so long. Hopefully you will let me take some pictures and videos so I can show off my little girl, but right now you go from laughing/playing/smiling to blank stares at the camera. You would rather analyze that thing in my hand then continue to do whatever amazing thing I wanted to capture. Plus, my camera is not baby friendly, but one day (hopefully soon) we will invest in a nicer camera. Until then, here are a few of my favorites from the past couple of months....




1 comments:

Too Much Good said...

Yay a new blog post about Raelyn!! I love all the updates and can't wait to see her soon! I am so proud she is loving her rice cereal (we still are working on that one).

Post a Comment