We met in high school, got married, and are living life together one day at a time. We have a baby girl on the way and couldn't be more excited! Follow along with our journey!
RSS

6 months already

Today, Raelyn, you are 6 months old, I cannot believe it. You have grown so fast, and I know it will only get faster. You are everything we could have ever asked for, and more. You are adorable, sweet, happy, fun, loud, exciting, expressive, and much much more. You are now eating solids, you started with rice cereal, barley cereal, and oatmeal. Then we added veggies like peas, green beans, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, and yesterday you began your fruits with bananas. You love to sit in your high chair, and eat! Here you are enjoying some sweet potatoes!



Once you figured out how to roll onto your tummy you have loved it! Anytime I put you down, you immediately turn onto your belly, and for weeks you have been seriously moving those legs and arms, and wanting so badly to be mobile. Friday, September 3rd, you finally took your first "steps" to crawling. I am so happy I was there to witness it and I even got it on video. Thanks to you spitting up on mommy and our bed last week, I stupidly threw my phone in the washer with all of the laundry and destroyed it. Your dad made me buy an iphone 4 which takes nice videos, so I caught you. Here you are, finally getting those knees up and arms moving at the same time!



This was the shortest video that I had that showed her doing her thang ;) Please excuse the obnoxious voice in the background...I was a little excited!

Once you realized you could move around, you were all over the place. Sometimes you will scoot yourself, sometimes you "army crawl" and sometimes you actually get your knees up and arms moving at the same time. Either way, when there is anything nearby that you want, instead of whining/crying for mommy or daddy to come give it to you, you get it yourself! It's very fun, yet scary all at the same time. Yesterday, we tried to "baby proof" the house, but I'm sure we're not even close to being prepared for you to be truly mobile.

You were born with a ton of hair, and it just kept getting longer and longer. It was truly a mess, the back kinda resembled a rat tail...so this past weekend, your daddy gave you a trim. I, of course, was holding you while Daddy was trimming your hair. So the only evidence of the hair "trim" is this...


Before the haircut....


And after...


Your daddy is the apple of your eye, truly. I absolutely love the weekends because I get to get you up in the morning, see your smiling face and just spend that time with you. I miss it because I'm gone to work by the time you wake up. The mornings that I get you up, I get the big, happy smile, half wave and heeeeeeeyyyyy which melts my heart! Then I change your diaper and head downstairs to feed you...but when you see Daddy, you squeal, smile from ear to ear, and your arms and legs are just a going. It's just so adorable, I would be jealous, but I love your daddy too and I know you bring such a joy to his life and he would do anything for his little girl!

Here's some random pictures that we have taken the past couple of weeks...enjoy!

She loves her jumperoo...


Raelyn's crazy hair after her bath


Climbing off the side of the changing table (Yes I was right beside of her while Evan was on the floor taking the picture)


And here you are playing with your pal Sam


We've had a couple "play dates" with Sam and even all of the "four-pack" but this past weekend was the first time I think Sam & Raelyn started playing together. They were on the couch and they were both just looking at each other, Raelyn would crawl/scoot/maneuver (whatever it is she does) over to him. They were touching each other, and Sam was playing with her hair (until he pulled it and she screamed, lol). But, it was so cute, and I can't wait for more play dates with your friends :)

We love you Raelyn Austin!

1 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

Loved this post Jen and the video was adorable! It got me all excited about the days in the not too distant future when my little one will be scooting around. It blows my mind how fast this time has gone and how big all of our babies are now. Raelyn is beautiful and it was such a treat to see her and you guys today:0.

Post a Comment