We met in high school, got married, and are living life together one day at a time. We have a baby girl on the way and couldn't be more excited! Follow along with our journey!
RSS

Where do I even begin?

I have a lot of stuff to update on, we've had quite a few busy weeks. I kept telling myself that I was going to post so I don't forget anything, and I kept forgetting. Now if I update on everything we did this would be incredibly long, so I'll try to spare you and give you the short version.

About a month ago my sister gave us a onesie that was sooo cute. I can't find a picture of it online and my camera batteries are dead so I can't take a picture of it, and I'm out of batteries, so I'm completely out of luck. It's a black onesie that says in pink letters "I can't wear pink everyday." It's adorable though, and Evan loves it :)

My co-worker Dawn gave us a sock monkey! We love sock monkeys, especially Evan, and we were going to do a monkey themed nursery if we were having a boy so we really like monkey! The one she got us is adorable! He has magnetic hands, feet, and hat :) How cute is JoJo? He even has a whole family, and Christmas ornaments and everything!



Thanksgiving was awesome, as usual. This was my family's year for Thanksgiving, we alternate between my mom's family, and Evan's mom's family because those are the only 2 that really "do Thanksgiving". This year was a little different though, my dad decided he wanted to go to his family's Thanksgiving in Reidsville so Evan and I rode with my parents for lunch on Thanksgiving day. I don't see my dad's family very much (none of us do, but he's trying to change that) so I didn't really know that many people but I got reacquainted and that was fun! Then we headed to my Grandmother's in Greensboro for Thanksgiving dinner. Every year the family keeps growing, we're practically running out of room to have everyone eat in the house, we have a big table in the formal dining room, a small table in the kitchen/dining room/living room, and a small table in the family room. We are outgrowing that house very quickly. All in all it was a fun day with lots of food and family, and I absolutely love my family.

Black Friday was almost uneventful for me, I'm usually a hardcore shopper with a timeline and a plan for every store I'm going to hit with the appropriate coupons etc. Last year I went out to Smithfield outlets at midnight to start the night off right ;) but this year, I'm pretty pregnant, and waking up at the crack of dawn just didn't appeal to me. Neither did standing in line or getting pushed around, so there was no plan of going out shopping...BUT of course I had to look at the sales papers, I mean who doesn't? I found a couple things I would love to check out but decided that I would just let myself wake up whenever and if the deals were still there when I went there, then great, and if not, no big deal. I wanted to check out bikes for Evan and my dad, a GPS for my father-in-law, and a Keurig for Evan. Evan didn't like the idea of me going by myself so about 8:00am we went to Wal-mart, CompUSA, and Kohl's, pretty much striking out everywhere. I did buy Evan his Christmas present at Kohl's, which he was unaware of until I walked out of the store with it in my hand as he was picking me up...I said "Merry Christmas, you won't let me go shopping by myself so you get no surprises ;) " He was excited either way, and so was I...I got this Keurig Elite for HALF PRICE! I was so excited and I've yet to see a better deal thus far! If anyone sees it for less, DON'T TELL ME :)


I really like this thing too, I don't drink coffee but they have teas and hot cocoa (which is my favorite!) and it's so quick...so I can just throw my thermos under there while packing my lunch in the morning and I have hot chocolate on the way to work!!! LOVE IT!

I don't guess that was much, but I skipped a lot 1) because I don't remember everything and 2)I don't want to bore you.

Coming up on the next post: OUR FIRST BABY SHOWER! (This one's going to be long and with many pictures, so beware)

1 comments:

Too Much Good said...

OOh I am jealous. I really want a Keurig. I bet its fabulous on these cold mornings!

Post a Comment